Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kitty Loves Kurt Balls

Sara came home from a birthday party and had a kurt ball with her that she was saving for later.  



Now for those of you who don't know, "kurt" is a salted dried sour milk ball that is popular as a snack here in Kazakhstan. Often mistaken as candy by our unsuspecting delegates, they are often surprised or shocked by it's pungent taste =).



Anyway, Sara set it on the table and within a few minutes, Gussie my cat starts licking it...then picks it up and starts chewing on it!  Over the next several days it served as a tasty treat for my four legged feline friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My cat loved kurt too! I remember coming home one day and finding white circles of a powdery substance on my floor. It took me a while but I figured out that my cat had gotten a hold of some kurt and was licking it as it rolled around the floor.