Thursday, November 8, 2007

All in a Day's Work


Although I think vacation days are supposed to be for rest or having fun, I decided that I needed a day to get the house winterized. While Ken was busy putting flooring in the living room I worked on the outside which desperately needed attention. It turned out to be 9 hours of raking leaves, putting plastic up and insulating the windows. Of course as always, it was a great time greeting neighbors walking their cows and sheep out to pasture as well as attempting to talk with my Russian speaking neighbor. We actually ended up helping each other rake leaves which was really helpful. Later this weekend I will touch up the fence.

The latest news from home is that I need to find either a new home for my horse (the chestnut thoroughbred pictured above) or sell her. Interested parties may e-mail me!

At work we are busy writing the Youth Impact program. This program is to teach life skills, employment skills and business training to graduated orphans. The more we interact with the orphanages as well as the graduates, it is so apparent that this program is needed. Most of these youth lack direction, are afraid of the future and don't have much hope for a better life. Fortunately this program will help mentor and encourage them and at the same time, give them practical skills for life!

1 comment:

Knauss House said...

Just now realizing that we have blog spots! I've been out of the loop big time. Looks great Beth. Looking forward to seeing you soon! David