Friday, September 26, 2008

Divine Appointments

A few months ago our Youth Impact Manager, Olya asked me if it would be possible to bring someone over to Kazakhstan to teach about therapeutic horseback riding. Of course anything is possible; we would just need to find the right people and figure out the financing for it. Although I think I responded with an enthusiastic "yes", I really wasn't sure where we might find instructors.

Well earlier last week my Uncle Gordon, knowing my interest in therapeutic horseback riding (THR) suggested that we head out to the Cheff Center which specializes in such services. Unbeknown to us, this center’s founder happens to be the person responsible for starting THR in the US and certifies instructors through the National Association.
We introduced ourselves and of course it came out that I was coming from Kazakhstan at which point the woman showing us around said, “you are not going to believe this, a few weeks ago we had a group from Kazakhstan here to learn about what we do”. The facilities were amazing and the two instructors I talked to said that if ever given the opportunity, they would love to come to Kazakhstan to provide training in THR. So who knows, this might be a future open door to bring training to Kazakhstan!

No comments: