Friday, September 19, 2008

Saying Goodbye

On the evening of September 5 it was me who was boarding the train rather than seeing someone off. It has been almost 3 years since I have been home to the states and I was starting the first leg of a long journey home. Of course, one thing that makes such departures so special is when friends come to see you off. By the time the train was getting ready to load, I was surrounded by those who have been my “family” on the other side of the world. And as usual, everyone had to get a little silly while waiting for me to pull out much to the entertainment of the conductor and those sharing my coupe.  It was a wonderful "send-off" and a great reminder of how precious and meaningful it is to have friends on both sides of the world.  It wasn't easy to leave but knowing who I will be coming back to made it easier. 

No comments: