Friday, May 2, 2008

Cop Saga Continues and how dirty does it have to be?

So today I headed to Shymkent in order to pick up our two delegates who will be arriving tomorrow. It was a beautiful drive as everything is lush and green - a true feast for the eyes! Definitely have to enjoy it while it lasts because by June it will be brown and dust.

As I was entering Shymkent and the roundabout leading into the city I was flagged down by the "magic wand" yet again. I had to just shake my head because I was going the speed limit. I grabbed my documents and stepped out of the car only to be met by Serik one of the same cops who stopped me a few weeks ago! As soon as he saw me, he laughed, shook my hand and told me that my "future husband up and left" (that was the other cop who wanted me to be his 4th wife). I was actually glad to hear this! He handed back my documents and sent me on my way with a smile.

When I was relaying the story to my friends in Shymkent she told me that she was stopped a few weeks ago for having some dirt on her car. Come to find out there is a new law requiring that your car be clean! So, how dirty does it have to be before you break the law?

No comments: