Sunday, May 4, 2008

Touching My Heart

It is often the unexpected that touches our hearts the most. Today I received an e-mail from a national friend to whom I had given a book to about finding your purpose in life. She works in one of the local businesses and is amazing at customer service and is always such a help to me. She has a genuine kindness and is always serving others. In a conversation back in March it seemed evident that her "success" was falling short in giving her meaning in life. She is clearly searching and wants to experience joy and peace in her life. I remembered a book that was available in Russian that I thought might help answer some of those questions and arranged with our mutual friend Nadezhda to get her a copy. She writes,

I do very appreciate your heart for the book, you have given to me!
I thank God for meeting you!
And I thank you for your love and kindness, hope and joy, you spread to everyone!

As I read it it was I who felt abundantly blessed and hope that it will be used in her life to find the hope she's looking for. I am also looking forward to getting together with her after I get back from vacation!

No comments: