Sunday, October 12, 2008

Meeting Up with Family

My parents and I are continuing our journey out to California.  In a stop over in Colorado for a few days I got to see my great Uncle Phil & Aunt Mary.  I had not seen them for at least 16 years and a lot has certainly changed since then!  It was great to catch up with them and it also gave them an opportunity to get to know me better as well.  I found too that we have a lot in common and I also got an opportunity to learn more about my family.  


From there it was on to see one of my mom's cousins, Patty and her husband Sid.  Patty especially relayed some stories of my mom growing up that were good to hear.  Nothing like getting the "inside scoop" from someone who was there!

The next day we got to spend the evening with another cousin, Jeff, his wife Tara and their daughter Jacquelynne.  Along the way, it has been wonderful to see family and to reconnect with everyone!



 

No comments: